A neck tie is the most important clothing accessory that goes along with the normal shirts and pants. More often, you are confused as to how to tie a neck tie, how to buy a good neck tie and take care of it properly, which knots suits you and your outfit.
There are some basic things that you should keep in mind while you buy a neck tie:
- You should try the neck tie and check whether it ties a knot well.
- Material used such as polyester or silk-polyester blend.
- The inner side of the tie should have some stuff to give some look to the body.
- Other than in standard neckties that range from 52 to 58 inches, you need to order a custom tie.
- The lining of a tie should hold its shape as high quality ties are lined with 100% wool.
- Good quality ties are cut across the fabric which you can test by making a tie loop on your hand and if it makes a twirl in air then it is not of a good quality.
- Inspect the tie closely and carefully for any threads or loose ends.
- Even if you touch a silk tie and it seems to be rough then the silk would be of inferior quality.
Some tips you should bear in mind while you wear a neck tie:
- You should check that the front end of your tie should be long enough so that it touches your waist of paints.
- Avoid wearing ties that are too bright in color.
- Its good to wear to wear darker shade ties with light shade shirts. It means the color should not be so light that it fades with your shirt or it is so dark that it clashes with your outfit.
- You should have a tie knot proportional to the collar neither so big that it spreads the collar nor too small that it is lost in the collar.
- If you are wearing a patterned tie, the color of it should be complementary to the color of your suit and the shirt should be of secondary color.
- While wearing a tie, its better to wear a woolen tie with a woolen suit and a silky tie with a silken shirt.
- Tie a neck tie in front of a mirror and avoid using clips on the tie.
- Keep your shirt buttoned up and collar up while you put your tie.
- Keep the knot of your tie tight in the process of tying the neck tie.